Wednesday, January 19, 2011

GRITS!

We just returned from The Atlanta Gift Market. While there, we ate at Dogwood on Peachtree Street; it was delicious! Honestly one of the best meals I have EVER had. They have a GRITS bar, yes GRITS with pimiento cheese, pulled pork grits, and beer battered fish with malt vinegar grits. Need i say more? OK I will...how about apple bacon fritters served over mashed sweet potatoes and buttermilk fried boneless chicken served with green beans and mac and cheese. YUM! I have decided that my family does not eat enough grits. Below is a recipe for Jalapeno Cheese Grits, thanks to my mom, Pat Rosenthal for sharing and if you are ever in Atlanta, Dogwood is a must!

Hot Damn Grits

2 C grits (uncooked)
8 C water
2 t salt
8 t butter (one stick)
32 oz Velveeta
jalapenos to taste
Cook grits according to directions on the box,
you can use either quick grits or regular grits
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers