Sunday, June 30, 2013
F O R I M M E D I A T E R E L E A S E
Dallas Gourmet Gold Awards Winners Announced
DALLAS – June 23, 2013 – Dallas Market Center recently announced the winners of the 4th annual Dallas Gourmet Gold Awards at an awards ceremony and cocktail reception held at The Culinary Stage, World Trade Center 1st floor during the Dallas Total Housewares & Gourmet Market.
The Dallas Gourmet Gold Awards celebrates exceptional manufacturers in the gourmet products industry who exhibit in Dallas. The winners are:
• Best Beverage: Peach Bellini, Wine-A-Rita
• Best Condiment: Le'Popcorn Marinade, Le' Popcorn and Candy
• Best Cookware or Bakeware: The "Original" Pasta Pot, Bradshaw Bialetti
• Best Fruit Confit: Sweet Onion Farmstyle Chutney, Columbia Empire Farms
• Best Kitchen Gadget: Collapsible KlipScoop, Dexas
• Best Kitchen Textile: Hot Mama Apron, Jen Rosie Designs
• Best Small Appliance: Chef Pro Tortilla Maker, Mercantile International NA
• Best Snack: Marathon Endurance Mix Granola, Nate & Sassy's Gourmet Granola
• Best Soup/Chili: Dinner Tonight White Bean Chili, Backyard Safari Company
• Best Sweet: Fleur De Sel Toffee, Lambrecht Gourmet
• Best Tabletop: Going Stemless™ Magnetic Cocktail Charms, Going Stemless LLC
Food entries were judged on originality, taste and packaging; housewares were judged on innovation, visual appeal and practicality. This year’s judges were: Bill McLoughlin, editor of Gourmet Insider Magazine, and executive editor of HomeWorld Business; Amy Pinkerton, buyer for kitchen & dining décor and entertainment for Pier 1 Imports; and Anastacia Quiñones, the executive chef at Komali Restaurant in Dallas.
Winners received a promotional package and are prominently featured during the Dallas Total Housewares & Gourmet Market (June 19-25).
About Dallas Market Center
Founded in 1957, Dallas Market Center is the world’s most complete wholesale marketplace. Within its marketplace of more than five million square feet, retailers from around the globe source products ranging from home furnishings, gifts, decorative accessories and lighting to textiles, fashion accessories and men's, western, women's and children's apparel. With more than 50 markets each year attended by more than 200,000 retail buyers from all 50 states and 78 countries, Dallas Market Center offers hundreds of events and seminars geared toward helping retailers expand business and increase profits. As a result, more than $8 billion in estimated wholesale transactions are conducted annually within the Dallas Market Center complex.
Friday, June 21, 2013
For you gardeners out there, this is a delicious recipe that includes fresh paesley, mint, tomatoes, and radishes! Really good!
- 1 (19-oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (2 1/2- to 3-lb.) deli-roasted chicken, skinned, boned, and shredded
- 3/4 cup chopped radishes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups chopped English cucumbers
- Yogurt Dressing
- 3 cups coarsely crushed pita chips
- Lemon wedges
- 1. Stir together first 4 ingredients and 2 Tbsp. olive oil; stir in shredded chicken. Add table salt and black pepper to taste; let stand 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, stir together radishes, onion, and 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Stir together tomatoes and 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Stir together cucumbers and remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Season each mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Layer chickpea mixture, radish mixture, 3/4 cup Yogurt Dressing, tomato mixture, pita chips, and cucumber mixture in a 4-qt. bowl; top with remaining Yogurt Dressing. Cover and chill 2 to 4 hours. Serve with lemon wedges and additional pita chips.
Note: Total time includes dressing.
- ▼ June (2)
- ► 2012 (16)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (23)